DAKTIC recently hosted an Industry Roundtable discussion as a part of the free Western Wheels Virtual Conference with a panel that included folks from Tesla, Toyota, Ford, Cummins, Jaguar Land Rover, Hunter, and and others. Among other things, they discussed ways to help you make your automotive and heavy vehicle students more future-proof.
Click here to download the handout for this session.
You can listen to their full discussion this week along with over 20-hours of update training with ASE-approved certificates if you register for the free Western Wheels Virtual Conference – all sessions are available on-demand, 24/7 for one week only (July 19-24th).
Recommended Training Tools for a Future-Proof Program
Based on this conversation, we recommend the following products:
- Undercarriage Systems
- Electrical Foundations
- Ohm’s Law & DC Circuits Trainer
- MD-4000 Series of Advanced Electronics Trainers
- Lighting Trainers with Fault Boxes
- Speed & Position Sensors Trainer
- Diagnostic Skills
- CAN Bus Diagnostic Trainer
- VR Automotive Diagnostics on the zSpace AR/VR Platform
- ECU Trainer (includes diagnostic and flashing exercises)
- Engine Trainers with Fault Boxes for Heavy Vehicle and Automotive
- Mechanical Diagnostic Trainer
- MotoLogic via Electude Single Sign-On (students can access data on any device on or off campus so you can be more efficient in the lab and give students homework that requires them to look up data at home)
- Hybrid/EV Solutions
Also, while we didn’t get a chance to discuss this in the Roundtable Discussion, Fred Jiminez at Cummins and others have emphasized the fact that understanding both mobile hydraulics and HVAC systems is going to be essential for a long, long time to come.