The station represents a basic logic function of water treatment in the form of a water storage system with an overflow rim. A groundwater tank with a submersible pump is required for operation.
Focal points include:
- Setting flow rate values for volume control
- Level measurement via analogue pressure measurement
- Level sensing via capacitive proximity sensors
The training documents reveal how a flocculation reaction is implemented by adding a flocculant, and how sedimentation can occur in spite of the flow.
Drinking water and chlorine
Chlorine is used worldwide to preserve drinking water. Overmetering not only increases the plant operator’s costs unnecessarily, it also pollutes the environment and endangers the consumers. The additional chlorine measurement package with manual metering technology is a 1:1 training scenario for online chlorine measurement. This allows you to learn how to operate a chlorine metering system, and react to malfunctions and optimise the system.
The station is fully assembled, wired and tested.
3 l tank, including an overflow rim, capacitive proximity sensor, float switch, impeller flow sensor, pressure sensor , 2/2-way solenoid valve, non-return valve, electric connection board, aluminium profile plate.
Including control system with FluidLab®-EDS® Water Management, EasyPort, connecting cables, accessory set and “Getting Started” technical documentation.
For single operation, a water supply tank/ground water (order no. 8024503) is required.
General training content
- Controlling, regulating and monitoring physical variables such as levels, flows and pressure
- Technical/physical functions of sensors and actuators as well as wiring, adjustment and parameterisation
- Analysing controlled systems, parameterising and optimising regulators
- System operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair
- Plant engineering
- Optimisation and energy monitoring
- Electronic data processing
Learning content for project work
- Function of an overflow rim
- Analogue level measurement via a pressure sensor
- Capacitive proximity sensor for level querying
- Basic processes of precipitation, flocculation and sedimentation
Training content with water supply tank
- Activation of a pump for flow control
- Regulation variants with capacitive sensors for level control
Training content with additional chlorine measurement package
- Measuring chlorine content
- Effects of excessive or insufficient chlorine metering
- Water (10 – 15 l)
- Power supply: 24 V DC
- 3 digital inputs
- 3 digital outputs
- 4 analogue inputs
- 1 analogue output
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 355 x 1100 x 400 mm
Recommended training media
- Water purification Workbook
- Monitoring, Control and Optimisation Workbook
- Energy Optimisation Workbook
- WBT Open- and Closed-Loop Control
- WBT Process Automation
- Water supply technology training set
- Sewage technology training set