The station maps the physical functions of wastewater treatment after the sludge treatment and contains an aeration tank and a secondary settlement tank. Plastic granules are used as the soiled load and can be air-dried and re-used after utilisation. The sludge return has a flow measurement system with an adjustable pump for setting and monitoring the sludge return ratio.
The oxygen feeding on the station functions using an electrically adjustable compressed air diaphragm pump. Combined with the available oxygen sensor, there is also an option of extending the oxygen feeding system to a control circuit.
Economical oxygen regulation
Adding oxygen to water is not only relevant in the wastewater sector, but also in fish breeding or bioreactors.
In order to guarantee energy-optimised oxygen feeding, in-line oxygen measurement is required and must be combined with the oxygen feeding actuator in a control circuit. That avoids unnecessary energy use and possible biochemical malfunction.
EDS® Water Management forms a neutral learning environment on the subject of oxygen feeding regulation. Periodic addition of sodium sulphite (Na2SO3) to the upstream supply water causes a continuous oxygen consumption, thus simulating the oxygen demand of bacteria eating up organic substances in a real biological treatment of wastewater.
Handling with real wastewater is too complex and therefore not planned.
The station is fully assembled, wired and tested.
3 l tank, including an overflow rim, 10 l tank, ventilation system, capacitive proximity sensor, float switch, magnetic-inductive flow sensor, centrifugal pump, 2/2-way solenoid valve, electric connection board, aluminium profile plate.
Including control system with FluidLab®-EDS® Water Management, EasyPort, connecting cables, accessory set with sedimentation granules and “Getting Started” technical documentation.
For single operation, a water supply tank/ground water (order no. 8024503) is required.
General training content
- Controlling, regulating and monitoring physical variables such as levels, flows and pressure
- Technical/physical functions of sensors and actuators as well as wiring, adjustment and parameterisation
- Analysing controlled systems, parameterising and optimising regulators
- System operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair
- Plant engineering
- Optimisation and energy monitoring
- Electronic data processing
Learning content for project work
- Behaviour of flakes at different flow velocities and different solid loads
- Hydraulic overloading of a wastewater treatment plant and the consequences
- Basic function of aerobic water treatment
- Function of sludge return
- Analogue level measurement via a pressure sensor
Training content with additional oxygen measurement package
- Measuring the quantity of dissolved oxygen
- Showing the advantages of continuous measurement/control of the oxygen content
- Water (10 – 15 l)
- Power supply: 24 V DC
- 5 digital inputs
- 5 digital outputs
- 4 analogue inputs
- 2 analogue outputs
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 710 x 900 x 400 mm
Recommended training media
- Wastewater Treatment Workbook
- Monitoring, Control and Optimisation Workbook
- Energy Optimisation Workbook
- WBT Open- and Closed-Loop Control
- WBT Process Automation
- Water supply technology training set
- Sewage technology training set