The Refrigeration Skills Trainers are designed to teach future refrigeration technicians the manual skills of the trade. Electrical wiring, piping, evacuating and charging refrigerant, as well as troubleshooting are covered.
- Reading electrical and mechanical assembly drawings
- Cutting, bending, and installing tubing
- Connecting typical electrical refrigeration components
- Charging and operation of assembled circuits
Available Skills Trainers
- Domestic Freezer: Provides a basic understanding of the applications of a standard condensing unit and a natural convection evaporator.
- Heat Pump: Includes the basic components of a typical heat pump unit and can be operated in two modes: the cooling mode or the heating mode.
- Beverage Cooler: Includes the basic components of a commercial refrigerating system.
- Dual Temperature Refrigerator: Provides a basic understanding of a two-stage cooling system, such as that found in a typical two- compartment refrigerator.
- Walk-In Cooler: Provides a basic understanding of the applications of forced-air evaporators and water cooled condensers.
- Air Conditioning: Includes the basic components of a typical air conditioning unit.
- Universal Refrigeration: Provides hands-on training in the principles and components of universal refrigeration units.