MindSight integrates all the necessary tools to focus on the essential: efficiently building and delivering engaging lessons while monitoring students’ progress to ensure success.
Tracking and management are key to providing an effective and successful learning environment. MindSight Learning Content Management System (LCMS or LMS) is a seamless integration of course delivery and classroom management. Designed around the most up-to-date programming standards, MindSight facilitates Lab-Volt’s wide range of curriculum. Instructors can use MindSight to manage enrollment, schedule learning activities, customize courseware and track individual achievement as students work through the modules. MindSight is available as a LAN-based solution to deliver curriculum locally, or as a web-based solution so that students can log on and study from anywhere at any time.
MindSight is the perfect platform for Lab-Volt’s eLearning curriculum: eSeries. Lab-Volt’s eSeries library includes courses from our wide-ranging product lines: FACET, Industrial Workforce, EMS, Renewable Energy, Manufacturing Applications, and Industrial Training Zone. MindSight is a SCORM 1.2 compliant system, so users can easily import other Sharable Content Objects (SCO) for inclusion in the eSeries curriculum. Mind-Sight also converts image files, video files, slideshows, PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, and Flash files into SCOs. The system also features an electronic management system that streamlines the tasks of tracking and reporting student achievement.
Features & Benefits
- Flexible User Management
- MindSight provides the ability to import user accounts with a few simple clicks, or have students self-register via a specified course code.
- Powerful Communication Tools
- The MindSight Community feature provides a powerful means of keeping all users up-to-date on important information. News items are published by the administrator and are always visible on the Login screen. Users can also keep journals that, once approved by the Administrator, can be shared as blog entries to create a shared learning community.
- Control the learning environment by using the Scheduler to limit user access to only the courses that are appropriate for the scheduled period.
- MindSight has a wide variety of reports that can be generated either in well-designed, printable PDFs or exported to a spreadsheet for customized formatting and inclusion in an external management system.
- Extensive Curriculum Library
- Lab-Volt’s eSeries library includes courses from our wide-ranging product lines: FACET, Industrial Workforce, EMS, Renewable Energy, Manufacturing Applications, Tech-Design, and Industrial Training Zone.
- SCORM 1.2 Compliant
- MindSight is a SCORM 1.2 compliant system, so users can easily import other Sharable Content Objects (SCO) for inclusion in the eSeries curriculum.
- Powerful Curriculum Customization
- MindSight will convert image files, video files, slideshows, PDFs, documents, spreadsheets, and Flash files into SCOs. This personalization of content allows industry and educational programspecific information to be seamlessly included in the curriculum.
- Screens in the eSeries curriculum can be edited to ensure that student understanding is maximized. Using the Annotator, an Instructor can mask existing text, add text to provide additional directions or clarifications, and highlight important details through directional text boxes.
- Test Editor
- Using the Test Editor, instructors can edit eSeries tests to meet any educational objective. The Test Editor also allows instructors to create custom exercises, quizzes, and tests to assess customized content that has been uploaded into the eSeries curriculum.
- General Features
- Reliable LCMS featuring carefully selected tools that optimize the learning environment
- Customizable and scalable to suit evolving needs
- Available as a web-based (hosted) system or LAN network appliance
- Many complementary training lab systems and programs for hands-on learning
- Can be branded to the institution’s corporate image
- Flexible User Managementv