This training system allows students to acquire hands-on experience with industrial control equipment. Realistic examples are used to motivate students. These examples are displayed on the graphic terminal, and correspond to real PLC applications that can be interfaced with the trainer.
The system comprises industrial components of the latest technology: a CompactLogix 5370 controller, a PanelView Plus 7 graphic terminal, and a Stratix 2000 industrial Ethernet switch. Several inputs (16 digital and 4 analog inputs) and outputs (16 digital and 2 analog outputs) and are accessible from the front panel using 2-mm test leads. Controls and lights can also be connected. Eight switches allow the addition of electrical faults during troubleshooting exercises. A SysLink interface allows connection to Modular Production System (MPS) stations from Festo.
Features & Benefits
- The system uses Rockwell software and hardware that are used in actual factories.
- Comprehensive curriculum with hands-on exercises accompanies each system.
- The system is mounted in a rugged suitcase with casters.
- The system can be used alone or in conjunction with existing PLC applications.
- Communication between devices using either an industrial Ethernet switch, Sys-Link connectors, or 2-mm jacks.
- Familiarization with Studio 5000 and FactoryTalk View Studio
- Understanding PLC operation and addressing
- PLC programming in four different IEC 61131 languages: Ladder Logic (focus), Sequential Function Chart, Function Block, and Structured Text
- Designing human-machine interfaces