The ConsuLab EM-2000-HB Air Conditioning trainer is a complete A/C system with unique features designed to enhance the instruction of air conditioning physics. The trainer uses the H-Block TXV design of refrigerant flow control. The trainer uses common automotive components and can be used in both classroom and shop environments. The trainer utilizes a hermetically sealed and internally protected compressor. Operates on 120V 15A 60Hz circuit.
- Trainer has all major components required for an automotive air conditioning system using the H-Block TXV system.
- Fully operational with typical component layout and organization.
- Clear sight glasses provide clear understanding of the H-Block (TXV) air conditioning refrigeration cycle.
- Allows student observation of refrigerant changes of state (liquid/vapor) at the receiver/drier, evaporator and condenser.
- Trainer can be connected to any A/C Recycling/Recovery equipment using R134a service ports.
- Allows visual inspection of the role and operation of the H-Block (TXV) and receiver/drier.
- Provides pressure and temperature measurement displays of evaporator and condenser.
- Allows the introduction of system restrictions and blockages for diagnostic learning.
- Adjustable fan speeds for demonstrations of typical performance problems for evaporator and condenser.
- Removable magnetic component identification and refrigerant flow arrow labels for student learning.
- Equipped with high pressure cut-out switch, evaporator deicing switch and internal compressor protection.
- OEM R134a service ports.
- High and Low side A/C pressure gauges.
- Adjustable temperature control switch for evaporator temperature levels.
- Digital thermometers (4) at inlet and outlet of evaporator and condenser.
- Internally protected hermetically sealed A/C compressor.
- A/C compressor has manual starter with internal thermal protection.
- High pressure (300psi) safety switch shuts off compressor.
- Cycling switch bypass toggle switch.
- Adjustable 3-speed evaporator (1) and condenser (2) fans.
- Stainless steel condensate drip pan with drain.
- Power “ON” indicator light.
- Removable magnetic component name and refrigerant flow arrow labels.
- Operation and Student assignment manual included. Additional copies of the manual are available in PDF format for download